I make a lot of goals about my writing. It helps to keep me producing. Like right now I have a goal to finish my current WIP by Thanksgiving. Well not finish, but get it to the stage where I can send it out to readers for feed back.
My goals all seem promising until disaster strikes, like the whole family get's sick or my husband loses his job and we have to move. I remember one year starting Nanowirmo off strong only to be asked to create a show for our church Christmas party.
Anyway, I think publicly acknowledging or declaring my goals might give them more of a back bone when it comes to facing the unforeseeable.
I'm going to list my goals here so I have someone to be accountable to.
1. Post on my blog at least once a week.
2. Get my current WIP ready to be read by Thanksgiving.
3. Submit my short stories to 5 different journals
4. Get my writing group functional
5. Submit my picture book or take scrap pictures for the illustrations.
6. Have some sort of contest on my blog to get more readers.
All the above mentioned goals are good through December.
If I achieve everything, I'll try throwing a blog party.